Saturday, March 19, 2011

You're Sweet

It's time for another event for the Color Me Creative Birthday Celebration!  There are events every day and still plenty of prizes to be had.  For more details, including information on the grand prize, A NEW 2011 Provocraft Cricut Expression (limited edition) and $50 of Copic Supplies, go here.

Today Suzanne has a color challenge for us.  You must use yellow, purple, and white/cream on your creation. 

Stamps: Bugaboo Stamps; sentiment is computer generated  Paper: EK Success, Creating Keepsakes  Ink: Copics  Misc: Ribbon, rhinestones, Diamond Glaze, glitter, Stickles

I got these papers at my LSS and wish I would have picked up the whole stack b/c now they are gone.  I just love them.  Plus the striped paper has a velvetty feel to it.  (Is velvetty a word?)  I added Diamond Glaze to the scoops of ice cream and then sprinkled a bit of glitter on top.  Also I added Stickles to his antennae and his wings.  I'm working on my coloring and have been trying Suzanne's "flicking" technique to blend the colors.  I'm happy with how he turned out but wanted his wings to be lighter.  Another thing I'll have to work on...light to dark.

Don't forget to head over to the CMC Birthday Event to join in the fun! 

I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:

There She Goes Stamps - Sketch
Scrap-Creations - Anything Goes
Shelly's Images - Anything Goes
Paper Cutz- Anything Goes

Thanks for stopping by and have a great weekend!


5 comments:

  1. awww...I just love the colors. And I love your blog! What a great title for a blog. Thanks for playing along this week at Shelly's Images for our "Show Us What You Got!" Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really beautiful! Love the image and layout you used! Your cards are amazing, I'm your newest follower. Hugs, Karen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute! I love the glitter. Thanks for joining us at Shelly's Images.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is adorable! I love the image. Thanks for playing along with PaperCutz!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for your sweet comment on my blog. I love your card. I have to check out the CMC Bday Event. Your bear is so adorable. Love the bling. I am now following your blog. :)

    ReplyDelete