Thursday, March 31, 2011

My Very First Blog Award

I have been a bad blogger.  Earlier this month both Marie and Susan awarded me the Stylish Blogger Award and I am just now posting it.  I was so surprised to receive this award twice within a 7 day period.  Thank you both!


This gift comes with the rules that I must follow in order to accept this award.
Rules:

1. Thank the person who gave this award to me and link it back to their blog
2. Share 8 things about myself
3. Pass this award to 8 other individuals that I have recently discovered and am inspired by
4. Leave a comment on their blogs so that they can pass along the recognition!
5. I need to go on each of my inspiring stampers sites and tell them that I think they are all winners in our stamping world and then have them pass along an award of recognition to some other lucky stylish bloggers out there!!!

 Marie is one of my teammates from the CMC Copic Challenge and a great inspiration!  Her coloring is just beautiful.  Check out this card that she made.  Beautiful!

Susan makes some wonderful cards as well AND she's not afraid to show you what's on her workdesk on Wednesdays.  I love this card of Susan's that has just a bit of color.  So simple and so cute with those papers and twine (gotta love the twine).

Now 8 things about myself...

1.  I have lived in 11 cities and 5 states.
2.  In high school I was on the Powderpuff football team.  We won both years!
3.  Halloween is one of my favorite holidays.
4.  I love to bake.
5.  I can operate a backhoe/bulldozer.  Not the big, big ones, but the smaller ones.
6.  I can swing a pretty mean sledgehammer.  Got the scar on my finger to prove it.
7.  I've got a chocolate lab that weighs as much as a small car.
8.  My most prized Christmas ornament is one that I made in elementary school out of Elmers glue and dry pasta.  We call it the "barf ornament". 

I would like to share this award with:

Tracey - Tracey's Krafts
Cathy - Cathy's Creative Place
Ann - Holy Crap, I made this!
Tracey - my creative space
Madge - The Creations of a Scrapaholic Paperjunkie
Sharette - Scrapper "N" The Making
Diane - The Little Place I Go
Jane - Milliesmarvels

Please take a minute to visit each of their blogs as they have some wonderful work to share!

7 comments:

  1. Brook, that is so sweet of you! I have several faithful blog friends that really deserve this and I will pass it on.

    Thank you...Hugz,
    Cathy Lee

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG well done Brook you deserve it hun.
    Hugs
    Tracey xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on your first blog award Brook! The first of many to come I am sure!
    Don't think there will be too many of us crafters than swing a pretty mean sledgehammer lol! Love Halloween to, we used to have so much back in our country village in England, not so much here in Oz, enjoy the rest of your weekend, take careX:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Brooke, thank you so much for thinking of me I was absolutely bowled over when I saw your message and i've passed on awards to some of my new friends!

    Hugs
    Tracey

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brook! Congratulations! I love your blog! Your creations are wonderful!! Your coloring is fantastic!
    Big Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's is nice to be recognised, I received one from Tracye, and it made my day! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Big congrats on your blog award, Brook!
    I just stopped by to follow your sweet blog.
    Happy Huggies ~
    Sharron♥

    ReplyDelete