Saturday, March 5, 2011

Cute as a Button

Well, the time has come... my first challenge on the DT for the CMC Copic Challenge!  Suzanne has chosen this photo for us to use as inspiration using pinks, greens, and white/cream as well as an interpretation of the picture itself.  


Here is my card. 



This cute image is from Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps and the sentiment is a Hero Arts stamp that I inked up for the first time.  I used some of my DCWV papers and stitched the 3 panels on the front (It took me way too long to do that.).  I added some cute green baby bottle ribbon that I got from Michaels, threw on some buttons tied with a bit of ribbon, and of course added some Stickles to the hearts on the stroller and the wheels.

Now, since this is a Copic coloring challenge, I used my Copics as well.  I tried to show the light source from the left hand side.  Thanks to my blender pen I am able to stay in the lines...now I'm trying to work on light source.

Stroller:  R000, R81, R83, R85, Y000, Y04, Y11
Stroller Handle & Wheels:  C1, C3, C5, C7
Blanket:  G20, G21, G24

We would love for you to play along with us at the CMC Copic Challenge.  The only requirement is that you use the photo inspiration above and your Copic markers.  

Be sure to check out the work of the other DT members (links to their blogs are on my left sidebar).  Suzanne has picked a talented group of ladies and I know you'll love the projects they have to share!

Hope you all have a great weekend!

7 comments:

  1. Brook, your card is beautiful and that image is just too cute. I love your buttons and it is beautifully colored.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I could get lt on the pink u color the stroller! Super cute card Brook! Pleasure to be on the cmc team with u!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute little card I am really excited to work with you on the DT.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. such a sweet card, gorgeous colours. hugs rachxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, definitely cute as a button! Gorgeous colouring, lovely design too :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is just picture perfect Brook and matches the photo beautifully. Your coloring is so nice & soft & love the use of the light source. Fabulous work and welcome to the team!

    hugz,
    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete